We currently serve children from 2 to 5 years of age. Beginning in August of 2016, we will have an Elementary Classroom as well. Students in the Elementary Program will be in Kindergarten through Third Grade. For the 2017/2018 school year, we will add Fourth through Sixth Grades as well. Kindergarteners can enter our system at the age of 4 years and 9 months–and have a FULL DAY PROGRAM. If you are looking for smaller class sizes and more teacher involvement in your children’s lives, consider taking a tour of Monty’s. We would be happy to answer your questions. Contact us!
About the Montessori Method
We are committed to providing a high-quality, holistic education for every student. Our curriculum is organized according to the governing principles of Italian physician and educator, Dr. Maria Montessori. Her ideology can be summarized in eight points, as outlined by Angeline Lillard in Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius:
1. Movement and cognition are closely entwined, and movement can enhance thinking and learning.
2. Learning and well-being are improved when people have a sense of control over their lives.
3. People learn better when they are interested in what they are learning.
4. Tying extrinsic awards to an activity, like money for reading or high grades for tests, negatively impacts motivation to engage in that activity when the reward is withdrawn.
5. Collaborative arrangements can be very conducive to learning.
6. Learning situated in meaningful contexts is often deeper and richer than learning in abstract contexts.
7. Particular forms of adult interaction are associated with more optimal child outcomes.
8. Order in the environment is beneficial to children.